Global football fans are waiting for Tottenham’s match against Brighton in one of the most important matches today in the English Premier League between the two teams, which the London club hopes to achieve victory and reconciliation of the fans.
Erik Lamela has returned to first-team training with Tottenham after missing the last two months with a hamstring problem.
Heung-Min Son is unavailable for three games over the busy festive period through suspension following his dismissal against Chelsea. Hugo Lloris (elbow) and Ben Davies (ankle) remain out.
Tottenham’s coach Jose Mourinho hopes to reconcile his fans with the loss of the derby last round against Chelsea in the meeting, which ended with two goals without a response in favor of the blues, scored by Brazilian star Willian.
- Spurs have won their last three top-flight home games against Brighton, keeping a clean sheet each time. Their last such defeat was in October 1981 (0-1).
- Following their 3-0 victory in the reverse fixture, Brighton are looking to complete their first-ever league double over Tottenham.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 13 top-flight Boxing Day games (W10 D3) since losing 0-2 at Portsmouth in 2003. Their last such home defeat was back in 1991 against Nottingham Forest (1-2).
- Brighton are winless in their last 10 Boxing Day games (D4 L6) since a 1-0 win over QPR in 2005. Their two such games in the Premier League have ended in one defeat (vs Chelsea) and one draw (vs Arsenal).
- Since Jose Mourinho’s first game in charge of the club, no Premier League team has conceded more goals than Spurs across all competitions (14 – joint-most, along with Arsenal).
- Tottenham’s defeat to Chelsea last time out ended a run six Premier League home games without defeat (W4 D2) – they haven’t lost consecutive home games in the competition since January.
Tottenham expected starting lineup
Gazzaniga; Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Winks, Dier; Sissoko, Dele, Lucas; Kane
Brighton expected starting lineup
Ryan; Alzate, Webster, Dunk, Burn; Propper, Stephens, Gross, Mooy; Maupay, Connolly.